2018 is almost over! 2019 is just around the corner! We here at WDW Discount Club wanted to give you 19 great ways to save on your WDW Vacation in 2019. We have divide up out 19 tips into 5 different categories to make it easy for you to save on your next trip to WDW.
Before your trip
Our first section is called the before section. These tips will help you save as your start planning your vacation.
- Book early- by booking early you are locking in a price that could go up later
- Use a trusted travel agent- they will save you time and money, we suggest our friends at Destinations to Travel
- If you are traveling with a toddler make sure to go before they turn 3 years old, guests under the age of 3 are free
- If you are traveling with a small child make sure to bring your own stroller. It will save you from having to rent one every day and also help you get your child back to the resort. Our friends at Stroller Spotter can help your stroller stand out in the crowd.
- Use your free airline miles or hotel points on your vacation
- Travel during the off season, resort and ticket rates are cheaper and more vacation packages available, WDW throws freebies like free dining or discounted room rates during off season.
- This is perhaps the most important point to saving money….Have a PLAN! Get the whole family involved in making the plan so you can maximize your time at WDW and have a magical vacation without breaking the bank.
Your ticket to the magic
Tickets, tickets, tickets! There are so many options these days. Here are our tips for saving on tickets.
- Know who to buy your tickets from. Always use someone trustworthy. We suggest The Official Ticket Center: https://wdwdiscountclub.com/the-official-ticket-center/
- Skip the park hopper. Trust me, you do not want to visit two parks in the same day, the only exception is if you are traveling during one of Epcot’s festivals.
At your resort
This next section is all about getting to your resort and the little extras you can find at the resort:
- Decide if on or off site is best for your family. Both have great options but only you know what is best for your family trip.
- If you decided to stay on site at WDW make sure to take advantage of the Magical Express to get your to and from the airport and use WDW transportation for getting around the parks, this will save you a ton on a rental car.
- Have groceries delivered to your room. Things like bottled water and snacks are so expensive in the park. Have our friends at Garden Grocer stop by a bring you a few of your favorites!
- Make sure to purchase the resort refillable mug. If you are staying more than a few days this is a big savings! You will have unlimited refills of soda, water and juice at your home resort. These are also great to take into the park and fill up on ice water.
There are a few things you can do before you go to save big money on your trip.
- Make your own autograph book. Spend a weekend with the kids making an customized autograph book for all of their favorite characters to sign.
- Buy souvenirs at home. Go to your local Disney Store or Walmart and pick up a few special items for the kids to have on the trip. It will save you from having to say no every time they ask for something.
16, Buy gift cards. This is a great way to spread out the spending on your trip. You can buy Disney gift cards through the year and spend them on food and other items while visiting WDW.
Fill your belly
Finally let’s talk about dining at WDW. This is a very expensive part of your trip but never fear we are here with some helpful tips.
- Skip the Disney Dining Plan. Unless you want to spend lots of time and money eating we suggest skipping the Disney Dining Plan. There are much more efficient and cost effective ways to eat at WDW.
- Eat your big meal mid-day for lunch. Instead of having a big dinner, have a big lunch, this will save you money since lunch menus are lower in price than the dinner menu. It will also save your from being to full before bedtime.
- Share your meals. At many dining establishments the meals are big enough to share. When my family goes, we order 1 or 2 main entrees and a lots of sides to share. Sharing is caring!
We hope this helps you as you plan your trip to WDW in 2019!